You’ve got a big day coming up, and you want to make sure it goes off without a hitch.
It can be hard to plan for everything, but we know that capturing your memories in the best way possible is the most important thing. Any wedding photographer will give you suggestions and propose various ideas or poses, but it’s also important to know what you want. Here are seven fun wedding photo ideas to help get you started.
1. Celebrate where you first met. Tell your story about where your romance first began by reenacting the first time you met. A little nostalgia is a great way to strengthen why you are getting married in the first place and is a cheeky way to grab a pint if your first meeting was at your local.
2. Cosplay as your favourite characters. You’re a Ravenclaw, and he is a dashing Gryffindor? Prefer the path of the Jedi? Cosplay weddings are becoming quite the thing in recent years and are a great way to enjoy your common interests with your friends and family. Remember, it’s your day and if you want to dress like a vampire and be glittery, then go for it.
3. Wedding photo booth. A photo booth is a classic and is super popular, letting wedding guests have fun with props, backgrounds, and decorations. If the wedding has a theme – such as their school’s colours, where the bride and groom met, a favourite sports team, or a beloved movie – a photo booth enhances the celebration. Having photos for the guests to take home as keepsakes is a special treat.
4. Wedding photo wall. Photo walls are a modern way to make a wedding even more chic and unique. These “walls” are high hedges or a wall of flowers or other plants where guests can take photos during the wedding. Hang a sign with the bride and groom’s name or wedding date on the wall to personalise pictures and make for frameable, lasting memories.
5. Photos of generations. Get a picture of the family from the littlest bub to the sweetest great grandmother, and a wedding is a historical moment for any family. Also, if you are the bride, get a picture with your Dad. A father-daughter moment is one of the most touching wedding photoshoot ideas since every father wishes nothing but happiness for his daughter. Ask your photographer to take this kind of photo far away to catch genuine emotions.
6. Behind the door. The groom cannot see the bride before the ceremony, but nothing can stop him from holding her hand through a barrier like a large wooden door while he confesses his feelings.
7. The drone shot. These have become more and more popular as the technology for them has made it more available for everyone to use. Having a drone shot encapsulates not just the bride and groom but the breathtaking venues, especially if you get pictures on the beach or at Kings Park.
A wedding photographer’s role is to capture your wedding in the most beautiful way possible. To make sure that your day is perfect and memorable for years to come. My style of photography captures natural moments with an artistic flair. You can see some of my work on the website here. If you like what you see, please contact me or fill out this form so we can get started planning your big day together.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.